Thursday, June 14
Spring Awards Ceremony
On Tues., June 19 at 8:30am, we will hold our Spring Awards Program that focuses on honouring our grade 12 class for their contributions during 2011-2012 school year. A few reminders:
- Large gym and cafeteria are closed Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning.
- Weight room is closed for student use Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning.
- At 8:30am, students will report to period 2. We will run a period 1, but it will be at the end of the day.
- The balcony is reserved for parent seating.
- This program is not a pep rally. Please be on your best behavior. Formality and attentiveness are important. Please do not chat with your neighbors, nor play with your phone. All phones need to be shut off during the ceremony.
- After the ceremony, follow dismissal instructions given by Mrs. Woloschuk.
- Dress up day - Tues., June 19.
- Students who have been asked to meet in the small gym on Awards Day will meet in the theatre instead due to the flood.
- Thank you for doing your part to make this event special for our students, parents and community.
Today will be the last weekday mass for the year at 12:10 in the chapel.
Next meeting today.
Noon Hour Library
Due to the library being closed from the flood, noon hour library study time is being held in room 239.
There once was a library at Cross
That experienced flooding and loss
The books were all saved
Thanks to servicemen brave
But the carpet we had to toss!
Yes, the library is still here and the books are still due. Please hand in any outstanding books you have to the office by Friday. Wall of Shame arrives on Monday!
All yearbook members are invited to attend our yearend pizza party TODAY at noon in the MAC lab. See you there.
Reminder to students to please hand in forms and cheques to Mrs. Classen by Friday.
Scholarship applications for the 2012/2013 year are due on Friday to the office. Applications can be found on the music blog.
Grade 12 Brass Players
Fanfare practise Friday at 12:05 in the band room.
Band and Choir Uniforms
All outstanding uniforms must be handed into the main office in a bag with your name clearly printed.
Senior and Junior Choir
Reminder of Full rehearsals today as we prepare music for Graduation Mass.
Canoe Trip 2012
Please come to a quick meeting today at 12:05.
Provincial Track Champions
Please meet in room 321 to have your picture taken at 12:00 sharp.
Medic Alert bracelet in the school. If you are missing yours please come to the main office.
The Youth Advisory Council
This a group of young people, aged 14-19, who are responsible for administering grants from the Youth Endowment Saskatoon (YES) fund each year . Grants from this fund are intended for projects in our community that will enhance the quality of life for children and youth.
We are looking for possible new members to join the council in September. YAC meets about 2-3 times per month from September to December and every week from January to May. During this time, we visit various local non-profit organizations and learn about what makes a good project, budget and grant application.
Participating in the YAC is a wonderful way to learn more about Saskatoon's non- profit organizations, develop leadership skills and make some great new friends. See a counsellor if you are interested in volunteering.
U of S Early Start Program
Students taking this university class in the fall are to meet in room 323 on Mon., June 25 at 12:30. Ann Remy will be here to assist with registering for the class.
Invitations for the next driver education class have been posted across from Student Services. If your name is on the list, please come to the main office to pick up your invitation.