Taking the on-line courses developed by the talented
cyber school teachers and using them in a face to face classroom, you have what
is called a hybrid course. The courses can support or be used as the actual
course in a face to face classroom. The courses designed in cyber school can be
used free of charge by the teaching staff of the Saskatoon Catholic System.
Some suggested uses for cyber courses in the f2f classroom.
* Supporting your Face to Face teaching
* Use as your face to face course (must have access to a computer lab)
* Use it as resource for developing your face to face course
* Use the communication tools to enhance your face to face course communication.
* Use online testing as practice test for students.
The above uses are some that are currently being used, feel free to register to use the courses to support your teaching.
Developer/Teachers for the hybrid initiative should
display the following attributes:
- Enjoy computers
- Highly responsive; quick turnaround
- Interest in both the teaching method and subject matter
- Highly interactive teaching style
- Ability to work well in pressure situations
- Able to assess & try new things.
registrations for hybrids must be used in the applicant's home school division,
and are not for re-sale or redistribution.
Every teacher that has accessed the cyber school hybrid initiative has approached it in a different fashion. Hopefully you will find yours...