Message for April 13th.
As we welcome our Cardinal Leger community back from our break, we now look forward to a new season and some
exciting events as the school year comes to a conclusion.
- Although we had spring like weather before our Easter holiday, it seems that winter does not seem to want to leave
us yet! We ask parents and caregivers to ensure that children do have warm clothing for recess breaks and if
possible, another pair of socks and pants so that students can change if their clothing becomes wet.
- Our literacy initiatives to support our Learning Improvement Plan continue thanks to the support of our CSCC.
Guest readers are actively reading in classrooms and we have parents volunteering for our book exchange and story
sacks. The Cardinal Leger Book Club will also be starting within the next few weeks during the noon hour. We want to
thank all of our parent volunteers for their support!
- Our grade five and eight students will be participating in the provincial Assessment for Learning (AFL) Writing
during the month of April. Our teachers have been reviewing the writing process with students to prepare them and
we look forward to our student achievement results when they become available in the fall.
- Next week, our grade 6-8 students will be participating in a retreat at school. This is a wonderful faith formation
opportunity and it will be led by NET (National Evangelical Team) who will prepare many activities that are relevant
- Our grade eight classrooms continue their weekly visits to the Sherbrooke Centre where they volunteer their time
to work with residents. A big thank you to the parent volunteers who accompany students on their
first visit! Mme Coupal's grade 5 class will be performing for the residents on April 20th and our
grade one classrooms will also be partnered with Sherbrooke for a butterfly project in June.
We wish our community a wonderful spring and all of God's blessings!
Mr. G. Werbicki