ELA Tipi TeachingsIntroduction:
As we discussed in class, this is a class project with each of you working in groups of 4. Each group of four will work as a team and will contribute to one class project. Your group must include at least one male and one female. You will have two weeks to complete the Four parts of the project.
Part One: Becoming an Expert
- WEBSITE: Four Directions Teachings.com - with Elder Mary Lee
- WEBSITE: Heart of the Nations Learning Community - University of Regina
- VIDEO: Aboriginal Perspectives - Tipi raising:Elder Glen Anaquod
- POWERPOINT: TEACHINGS OF THE TIPI2.PPT
- POWERPOINT: Connections Tipi Pole Values and Biblical QuotesJune2010.pptx
Part Two: Pre-Production Planning
Last week you became content experts in your assigned area. This week we will prepare for video recording by becoming production experts involved in preparing for and collecting our digital media. Please visit the links below to learn more about the equipment you will be using.
Day One: Lighting and Prompting
What to do today:
A] 3 Point Lighting
- Visit the LOWEL website. In the column on the left "Foundations", look at each of the three lighting scenarios. Each has buttons along the bottom to demonstrate the different lighting placements. Look at all three different scenarios. The important thing to note here is what a KEY light and FILL light are and where to place them.
- Download the PROMPT software by clicking on the link provided below. This will download the software to your computer. Once the download is complete, you will need to unpack it by double clicking on it. Once unpacked, you will see a folder on your desktop titled "Prompt 7 lite". Your software is now ready to use.
- Open the folder by double clicking on it. Locate the "Prompt_7.0_lite" icon and double click on it to begin.
- Locate the text you wish to use with your prompting and copy it (edit > copy). Click inside the prompt window and paste (edit > paste)
- To start your teleprompter, click on the RUN button at the top of the page. To start the prompting scroll, use the up and down arrow keys on your keyboard (lower right) to adjust the speed to your reading.
- Practice reading the line as it approaches the yellow triangle at the top of the prompt window. It's a good idea to have someone control the prompter as you read as this is how we will be using it while recording.
- INTERACTIVE WEBSITE: LOWEL - Learning to Light better
- WEBSITE: http://www.andrew-whitehurst.net/3point.html
- WEBSITE; Cybercollege - Television Production lighting
- RESOURCE WEBSITE: Prompt 7 - Instructions and download the free lite version of the tele-prompting software we will be using with our interviews. Click here to visit.
- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PROMPT 7 LITE FOR MAC
Part Three: Video Editing
The next step is collecting your video assests and bringing them together in a finished video. View the following videos below. This will also be demonstrated in class.