French Language Arts 1
Saskatchewan Curriculum - Grade 1 Core French
Communication Skills (CS)
- 1.CS.1 Demonstrate understanding of a limited number of oral key words, familiar phrases, questions, and basic classroom instructions in French.
- 1.CS.2 Provide limited personal information through oral expression supported by constant prompting.
- identification of familiar objects, animals and people in his or her environment.
- *response to a familiar questions with a previously learned answer.
- identification of feelings and preferences using high frequency phrases or a courtesy response.
- * use of culturally appropriate expressions for greetings and farewells.
- 1.CS.3 Reproduce, with prompting and support, a single French key word in print.
Language Knowledge (LK)
- 1.LK.1 Demonstrate acquisitions of French language concepts.
- numbers 1-10
- the difference between an oral question and a statement
- knowledge of key theme-related words
Cultural Knowledge (C)
- 1.C.1. Identify limited aspects of francophone, First Nations, and Métis cultures with prompting.
General Language Strategies (GL)
- 1.GL.1 Use visual and auditory clues with prompting for the interpretation of a listening or viewing experience.
- 1.GL.2 Use speaking in modeled learning situations.