Social Studies 3
Interactions and Interdependence of Nations (IN)
- IN3.1 Analyze daily life in a diversity of communities.
- IN3.2 Analyze the cultures and traditions in communities studied.
- IN3.3 Illustrate examples of interdependence of communities.
Dynamic Relationships (DR)
- DR3.1 Use various model representations of the Earth.
- DR3.2 Assess the degree to which the geography and related environmental and climatic factors influence the ways of living on and with the land.
Power and Authority (PA)
- PA3.1 Compare how decisions are made in the local community and communities studied.
- PA3.2 Demonstrate awareness that divergent viewpoints may lead to conflict as part of group interactions, and assess various means of conflict resolution.
- PA3.3 Make generalizations about the purpose and intent of documents that define the rights of children.
Resources and Wealth (RW)
- RW3.1 Appraise the ways communities meet their members' needs and wants.
- RW3.2 Analyze the creation and distribution of wealth in communities studied.
- RW3.3 Evaluate the ways in which technologies have impacted daily life.
- Comparing Canadian Families
- Comparing Canadian Schools
- Comparing Canadian Communities
- Human Needs and Wants
- Communities around the World
- Meeting Needs through Industry and Services
- Meeting Needs through Agriculture
- Making Decisions
- Groups Make Decisions
- Our Changing World