Health 4Saskatchewan Curriculum - Grade 4 Health
Grade 4 Complete Faith Permeation Document (PDF) (DOC) (Teachers are strongly encouraged to use this document)
Understanding, Skills, and Confidences (USC)
- USC4.1 Assess what healthy eating and physical activity mean for pre-adolescence.
- USC4.2 Illustrate how both traditional healing (including First Nations and Métis practices) and current Western medical advances have influenced the prevention and/or management of past and present health challenges (including mental health/illness, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, diabetes).
- USC4.3 Examine healthy interpersonal skills and determine strategies to effectively develop new relationships and/or negotiate disagreements in relationships.
- USC4.4 Determine basic personal responsibility for safety and protection in various environments/situations.
- USC4.5 Examine how identity (i.e., self-concept, self-esteem, self-determination) is influenced by relationships that are formed with others.
- USC4.6 Assess healthy stress management strategies (e.g., relaxation skills, stress control skills, guided imagery, expressing feelings, exercising).
Decision Making (DM)
- DM4.1 Investigate the importance of personal responsibility and communication in making informed decisions related to healthy eating and physical activity, prevention/management of health challenges, negotiating disagreements, safety and protection, personal identity, and stressors.
Action Planning (AP)
- AP4.1 Design and apply, with guidance, two four-day action plans that require communication related to healthy eating and physical activity, prevention/management of health challenges, negotiating disagreements, safety and protection, personal identity, and stressors.
* Following is the previous Grade 4 Health Curriculum Topics with a variety of links that you may find useful when incorporating the new curriculum.