Social Studies 4
Interactions and Interdependence of Nations (IN)
- IN4.1 Analyze how First Nations and Métis people have shaped and continue to shape Saskatchewan.
- IN4.2 Describe the origins of the cultural diversity in Saskatchewan communities.
- IN4.3 Determine the influence Saskatchewan people and programs have had on a national scale.
Dynamic Relationships (DR)
- DR4.1 Correlates the impact of the land on the lifestyles and settlement patterns of the people of Saskatchewan.
- DR4.2 Explain the relationship of First Nations and Métis peoples with the land.
- DR4.3 Analyze the implications of the Treaty relationship in Saskatchewan.
Power and Authority (PA)
- PA4.1 Analyze the relationship between governance institutions in Saskatchewan and the quality of life of people in the province.
- PA4.2 Demonstrate an understanding of the provincial system of government.
- PA4.3 Demonstrate an understanding of the First Nations system of governance.
- PA4.4 Demonstrate an understanding of the Métis governance system.
Resources and Wealth (RW)
- RW4.1 Analyze the strategies Saskatchewan people have developed to meet the challenges presented by the natural environment.
- RW4.2 Investigate the importance of agriculture to the economy and culture of Saskatchewan.
- RW4.3 Assess the impact of Saskatchewan resources and technological innovations on the provincial, national, and global communities.
- Saskatchewan's First Peoples
- Explorers, Fur Traders, The Métis Peoples, Early Immigrants, and Treaties
- Immigrants and Settlers
- Meeting Needs and Wants through Technology
- Resources and Industry
- Agriculture and Related Issues
- Decision Making, Rules, Laws
- Provincial Government Makes Decisions
- Making Decisions for Change