Arts Education 7
- CP7.1 Create dance compositions that express ideas about the importance of place (e.g., relationships to the land, local geology, region, urban/rural environments).
- CP7.2 Investigate and manipulate the elements of dance and principles of composition including tension and resolution.
- CP7.3 Create and refine transitions within choreographic forms (e.g., ABBA, narrative).
- CP7.4 Investigate how dramatic character develops from role.
- CP7.5 Use drama elements, strategies, negotiation, and collaboration to help shape the direction of the drama and/or collective creation.
- CP7.6 Express ideas about the importance of place (e.g., relationships to the land, local geology, region, urban/rural environments) in drama and/or collective creation.
- CP7.7 Investigate improvisation using the voice, instruments, and a wide variety of sound sources from the natural and constructed environment.
- CP7.8 Investigate and manipulate elements of music and principles of composition including tension and resolution.
- CP7.9 Use traditional and/or homemade instruments to investigate relationships between musical expression and place (e.g., world music, African and Latin drumming, Indonesian gamelan, North American First Nations' flutes, Caribbean steel bands, urban street culture).
- CP7.10 Create visual art works that express ideas about the importance of place (e.g., relationship to the land, local geology, region, urban/rural landscapes, and environment).
- CP7.11 Investigate and use various visual art forms, images, and art-making processes to express ideas about place.
- CP7.12 Use image-making skills, tools, techniques, and problem-solving abilities in a variety of visual art media.
- CR7.1 Respond to professional dance, drama, music, and visual art works using analysis, personal interpretation, and research.
- CR7.2 Investigate and identify ways that the arts can communicate a sense of place.
- CR7.3 Examine and describe how arts expressions of various times and places reflect diverse experience, values, and beliefs.
- CH7.1 Investigate how artists' relationship to place may be reflected in their work.
- CH7.2 Investigate how Indigenous artists from around the world reflect the importance of place (e.g., relationship to the land, geology, region, urban/rural environments).
- CH7.3 Investigate and identify a variety of factors that influence artists, their work, and careers.