Arts Education 8
- CP8.1 Create dance compositions that express ideas and student perspectives on social issues (e.g., poverty, racism, homophobia, sustainability, gangs).
- CP8.2 Investigate and use choreographic forms (e.g., theme and variations, canon).
- CP8.3 Choreograph one section of group choreography.
- CP8.4 Demonstrate how dramatic characters interact in relationships within the drama and/or collective creation.
- CP8.5 Investigate how theatrical elements (e.g., story, character, design, space) are combined to achieve dramatic purpose.
- CP8.6 Express student perspectives on social issues (e.g., poverty, racism, homophobia, sustainability, gangs) in drama and/or collective creation.
- CP8.7 Improvise, compose, and perform (e.g., with voice, instruments, and technologies) a selection of pieces in contrasting styles.
- CP8.8 Investigate and make choices about musical structures in sound composition.
- CP8.9 Compose sound compositions in response to social issues (e.g., poverty, racism, homophobia, sustainability, gangs).
- CP8.10 Create visual art works that express student perspectives on social issues (e.g., poverty, racism, homophobia, sustainability).
- CP8.11 Select and use appropriate forms, technologies, images, and art-making processes to express student perspectives on social issues.
- CP8.12 Solve visual art problems using a variety of processes and media.
- CR8.1 Respond to professional dance, drama, music, and visual art works through the creation of own arts expressions.
- CR8.2 Investigate and identify ways that today's arts expressions often reflect concern for social issues.
- CR8.3 Investigate and identify how arts expressions can reflect diverse worldviews.
- CH8.1 Research and share insights about arts expressions that incorporate social commentary.
- CH8.2 Analyze the influence of social issues on the work of contemporary First Nations, Métis, and Inuit artists, and share results.
- CH8.3 Demonstrate understanding of how contemporary artists use and incorporate new technology into their work.
- CH8.4 Examine and respond to the work of artists who incorporate more than one art form in their work (e.g., combining poetry and music).