French Language Arts 8Saskatchewan Curriculum - Grade 8 Core French
Communication Skills (CS)
- 8.CS.1 Demonstrate understanding of the main idea and details in oral French multi-sentence presentations on a variety of familiar topics in guided situations.
- 8.CS.2 Discuss a variety of information on familiar topics through oral expression in guided situations.
- 8.CS.3 Demonstrate understanding of the main idea and many supporting details in a variety of 130-140 word multi-paragraph expository, procedural, persuasive, and narrative texts.
- 8.CS.4 Produce 80-100 word expository, narrative, or procedural multi-paragraph French texts or scripts composed of a combination of models and original student-generated text.
Language Knowledge (LK)
- 8.LK.1 Demonstrate acquisition of French language concepts related to themes, including:
- numbers to 100 000
- fractional numbers
- present tense regular -re verbs, singular and plural forms
- present tense irregular -re verbs, singular and plural forms
- reflexive verbs, singular and plural forms, present tense
- passé composé of -er verbs with avoir
- adverbs with -ment suffix
- questions types: intonation, inversion, interrogative pronouns
- transportation prepositions
- demonstrative adjectives
Cultural Knowledge (C)
- 8.C.1 Compare contributions of current and past French, French Canadian, First Nations and Métis individuals and organizations to Canadian society.
General Language Strategies (GL)
- 8.GL.1 Select listening or viewing strategies in structured situations, such as:
- asking and answering questions
- making predictions
- verifying comprehension
- making connections
- analyzing and evaluating
- 8.GL.2 Select speaking strategies in structures situations, such as:
- Model language
- guided practice
- independent practice
- 8.GL.3 Select reading strategies in structures situations.(see 8.GL.1 for strategies)
- 8.GL.4 Implement stages of the writing process in semi-guided situations, including idea generation, drafting, revising, editing, publishing.