Kari Weiman: October 2010 Archives
There will be an opportunity to re-write the Unit 7 exam on Thursday, Ocober 28 at noon in Room 216. Keep in mind that this is a shortened lunch period. Here is the answer key from the Unit 7 Exam.
Here is the Speaking Package from today's class. You will need to give me your topic by Thursday in Period 1. Show and Tell Speeches will be delivered during Periods 1 and 2 on Friday, October 29.
Here are the notes for this Unit on Ancient Egypt. Please have the "Characteristics of a Culture" chart for Ancient Egypt completed for Tuesday, November 2. Your exam on China and Egypt will be on Friday, November 5. The exam review will be given on Thursday or Friday of this week.
Some important dates to write on your calendar:
- Friday, October 29 students may dress up in Halloween costumes providing there are no masks and the costumes are appropriate for school.
- Monday, November 1 is the Grade 9 retreat. We will take attendance in the classromm at 8:35 and then walk across the park to St. Anne's School for the morning. Students will be back at BJM for the lunch break and afternoon classes.
- Wednesday, November 3 is National Take Our Kids to Work Day. If you have not filled out a permission form for your son or daughter, please do so ASAP.
We are now at the end of our unit on Indigenous and Norse Narratives. In place of an exam on this unit, you will be doing a final assignment. Please see the attached Tic-Tac-Toe Assignment which is due o n Friday, October 29, 2010.
Your exam for Unit 7 will be on Monday, October 25, 2010. You may bring a pair of scissors with you if you wish to cut out shapes for rotations questions. Please see me before Monday if you are having any difficulty. Here is a practice test. I will try to put up another one before the weekend.
Just a reminder to parents and guariens about a few things:
- Parent-teacher interviews are next week on Thursday, Oct. 21 and Friday, Oct.22. Times can be booked up until Friday, Oct. 15.
- "Take a Student to Work Day" forms have been sent home today and are due back by Monday, October 18.
- "Schools Win Twice" tickets are going home today and need to be returned to the school, sold or unsold, by October 21.
- The BJM SRG is offering Grade 9 students the opportunity to ride a fan bus to and from the football game on Friday, Ocober 15. The students are askede to sign up by Thursday, October 14 as we will be providing free pizza and bus service to the 5:15pm game. The bus will leave at 4:45pm and return to BJM at approximately 7:30pm. If you have any questions, feel free to call or e-mail me at the school.
Thanks and have a great week!
Here is a practice test for the Unit 7 Mid-unit Exam on Thursday, October 7, 2010. Please come and see me before Thursday if you are having any difficulty with the practice test.